Five Ways to Raise Creative Children
1. Encourage your child to try new and different ways to do things. Don’t expect their art work to look like an adult’s work. Don’t criticize or tell them how it should look.
2. Provide art supplies in a room that they can create on their own as well as planned activities.
3. Build up their confidence and self-esteem in their own abilities. If they ask you to do it for them, tell them you would like to see how they would do it. This will encourage them to create their own style.
4. It’s the process and not the product. So, ask questions like, “How did you do that?” And make encouraging comments on what they have done, “You created a very beautiful color. Can you tell me how you did that?”
5. Display their art work. This shows that their art work is valued.